Eclipse Gaming
Sign up on Eclipse to join a large, vast community that has just come back from the grave! Serving you a quality community since 2011.

We have relocated to http://sensoryuntapped.boards.net/ please join us there!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gogoat [XY OU]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Male Posts : 5215
Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Favorite Anime : Code Geass / Code Geass R2
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim / Fallout: New Vegas / Warcraft III: TFT / Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Darkrai / Sableye / Mightyena / Greninja / Mewtwo / Gardevoir
Personality : Relaxed, Yet Energetic.
Favorite Activities : Screaming, Singing, Rapping, Writing, Playing Games, Listening to Music.

PostSubject: Gogoat [XY OU]   Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 am

Gogoat

Stats
HP: 123
Attack: 100
Defense: 62
Special Attack: 97
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 68

Type: Grass

Description: Gogoat is an awesome Pokemon, no way around it. With great stats and an even greater movepool, Gogoat has everything it needs to succeed. Its typing gives it nice resistances to Ground, Water, Electric and Grass types. Unfortunately it's hit super effectively by Ice, Fire, Flying, Bug and Poison types. This doesn't mean too much to Gogoat though as its bulk and movepool counteract this quite nicely.

Set #1: Miltank V 2.0
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpD
Nature: Careful ( + SpD, - SpA )
Moveset:
Bulk Up
Milk Drink
Horn Leech / Leaf Blade
Earthquake / Rock Slide / Wild Charge / Brick Break / Payback

Set Explanation: This set is insanely bulky. Two Bulk Ups and you're able to tank an entire team. Thanks to Gogoat's behemoth HP stat and solid Special Defense stat, it can tank quite a few hits with the above EV investments. Milk Drink is Gogoat's version of Recover and will make your opponents more pissed every time you use it. For your STAB attacking move, you could choose Horn Leech for even more recovery or you could choose Leaf Blade for more base power a higher critical hit chance. For the last set, it's completely dependent on what coverage you need. Earthquake nails Fire and Steel types super effectively. Rock Slide nails Fire, Flying and Ice super effectively. Wild Charge has niche situations in which it would be more helpful, such as dealing with Sap Sipper Azumarill. Brick Break is just another option if you have a problem breaking through dual screens. Payback is also another option if you want to take advantage of Gogoat's low speed, but usually you're just better off using one of your STAB moves.

Set #2: Choice Band
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant ( + Atk, - SpA )
Moveset:
Leaf Blade / Horn Leech
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Wild Charge / Brick Break / Milk Drink

Set Explanation: This is an incredibly fun set. Just pop Gogoat in and attack. Leaf Blade is your standard move and will do wicked damage with a higher critical hit chances. Horn Leech is just a slash in for if HP recovery is more important to you. Earthquake and Rock Slide form the Edgequake combo that so many Pokemon that aren't Rock / Ground type dream to have. The last slot is for whatever coverage you would prefer, but more often than not you won't be using the last moveslot. Milk Drink is even an option to put in there because of how bulky Gogoat is.

Set #3: Choice Specs
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Nature: Modest ( + SpA, - Atk )
Moveset:
Surf
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire / Ice
Milk Drink

Set Explanation: The only reason this set is viable is due to the top move on this set. Oddly enough Gogoat manages to get access to Surf and has a usable base 97 Special Attack. It also gets access to Energy Ball which will be its designated STAB move. Unfortunately, his Special Movepool is nowhere as plentiful as his Physical movepool so we're forced to rely on Hidden Power for coverage. The choice as to what HP you need is up to you, although from my testing I've had the most success with HP Fire and HP Ice. Milk Drink is again there to restore HP.

Set #4: SubSeed
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly ( + Spe, - SpA )
Moveset:
Substitute
Leech Seed
Milk Drink / Protect
Horn Leech / Protect

Set Explanation: A typical Subseed set. Set up Leech Seed, Sub and Protect, Attack or Recover when necessary. It's not one of Gogoat's best sets but it can be useful. It would be somewhat of a nasty surprise for people expecting one of Gogoat's typical sets.

Set #5: Assault Vest
Item: Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
Nature: Impish ( + Def, - SpA )
Moveset:
Horn Leech
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Break

Set Explanation: Assault Vest raises up a Pokemon's Special Defense but prevents it from using non Attacking moves. The reason this set can work is because of Gogoat's access to STAB Horn Leech. That way it can recover HP while still hitting somewhat hard. Earthquake and Rock Slide are for coverage and Brick Break is there to break screens. Gogoat won't be hitting as hard, but its insane bulk will keep it alive more often than not. Using a Baton Passer such as Ninjask or Scolipede in conjunction would make Gogoat an almost unstoppable force.

Other Options: Gogoat could run a mixed attacking set, especially under Sun as it has access to Growth, but you'll find that Gogoat's speed more often than not is highly disappointing for such an endeavor. Gogoat really needed a Speed boosting move such as Agility to really cement it in the higher tiers. It has access to a couple other niche moves such as Worry Seed, Roar, Bulldoze, and Synthesis. Most of those moves however are outclassed or too situation based.

Fallout: New Vegas signature made by me.

New to Eclipse? Introduce yourself here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f2-introductions-and-rules
Want to find 6th Generation Pokemon Strategies? Take a look here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f7-6th-gen-tiers

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on my profile or if you have enough posts, simply send me a private message!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Male Posts : 5215
Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Favorite Anime : Code Geass / Code Geass R2
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim / Fallout: New Vegas / Warcraft III: TFT / Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Darkrai / Sableye / Mightyena / Greninja / Mewtwo / Gardevoir
Personality : Relaxed, Yet Energetic.
Favorite Activities : Screaming, Singing, Rapping, Writing, Playing Games, Listening to Music.

PostSubject: Re: Gogoat [XY OU]   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:35 pm

~Updated with a 5 moveset analysis.

Fallout: New Vegas signature made by me.

New to Eclipse? Introduce yourself here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f2-introductions-and-rules
Want to find 6th Generation Pokemon Strategies? Take a look here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f7-6th-gen-tiers

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on my profile or if you have enough posts, simply send me a private message!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/

Gogoat [XY OU]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eclipse Gaming :: The Pokémon Category :: 6th Gen Tiers-
Jump to: