Eclipse Gaming
Sign up on Eclipse to join a large, vast community that has just come back from the grave! Serving you a quality community since 2011.

We have relocated to http://sensoryuntapped.boards.net/ please join us there!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Male Posts : 5215
Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Favorite Anime : Code Geass / Code Geass R2
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim / Fallout: New Vegas / Warcraft III: TFT / Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Darkrai / Sableye / Mightyena / Greninja / Mewtwo / Gardevoir
Personality : Relaxed, Yet Energetic.
Favorite Activities : Screaming, Singing, Rapping, Writing, Playing Games, Listening to Music.

PostSubject: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 am

Something that I've felt should be brought up, why is marriage part of the legal system? I understand that you'd be sharing your assets with another person, legally binding yourself to them. But why? There is no logical reason for anyone to do this without malicious intent. Your love doesn't magically "grow stronger" if you participate in some ceremony. There are really only two main reasons for marriage: Financial security and legal protection. Meaning, "oh, I don't know if this person I'm marrying is gonna fuck me over in the future, I'll just make it so I can take 50% of his / her's assets if it doesn't work out." The divorce rate in the US is something along the lines of 55 to 60% (estimation) and marriages grow shorter in length and greater in amount every year, and now people are pushing for same sex marriage to add to the shitstorm already in progress.

Why the fuck are people doing this?

If you want to be married, be married. Don't drag your money into it. Don't drag the law into it. If it's put on paper, then you're trapped. Say if your spouse cheats on you and you need out; if you're not bound by legal terms, you can just walk the fuck out, take what's yours and get outta there. If you're legally bound, the cheating spouse will take 50% of what's yours if you're the one making the money. See, the reason Marriage is corrupt in law is because it's about money. It's a pseudo security blanket protecting people from actually taking responsibility for themselves.

If you really do need to share your wealth with another person through joint bank accounts, then do that. If you want to manage your finances together, do that. If your spouse happens to steal your shit, call the police and let them get it back. The point is, if you have the law managing the dispersion of your finances for you, than you're fucked. The amount of bias in the law is staggering these days, and throwing something as complex as the emotions of love into the mix is just butt-fuckingtarded. The law should be an objective standpoint off of which to base judgement. "Did this or that happen?" "Is there sufficient proof to provide without a reasonable doubt that this or that happened?" Marriage in most cases is none of these situations. People become entrapped, lazy and cynical.

Marriage should be completely separate from the law. If you want to have a ceremony, buy her / him a ring and spend the rest of your lives together, go fucking do it. But leave the law out of it. If you're not confident enough in your love to do it without a legal shield, you shouldn't be getting married in the first place.

What do you guys think?

Fallout: New Vegas signature made by me.

New to Eclipse? Introduce yourself here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f2-introductions-and-rules
Want to find 6th Generation Pokemon Strategies? Take a look here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f7-6th-gen-tiers

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on my profile or if you have enough posts, simply send me a private message!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Male Posts : 50
Pisces Dog
Birthday : 1994-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:10 am

BlackEnvyX wrote:
Something that I've felt should be brought up, why is marriage part of the legal system? I understand that you'd be sharing your assets with another person, legally binding yourself to them. But why? There is no logical reason for anyone to do this without malicious intent.  Your love doesn't magically "grow stronger" if you participate in some ceremony. There are really only two main reasons for marriage: Financial security and legal protection. Meaning, "oh, I don't know if this person I'm marrying is gonna fuck me over in the future, I'll just make it so I can take 50% of his / her's assets if it doesn't work out." The divorce rate in the US is something along the lines of 55 to 60% (estimation) and marriages grow shorter in length and greater in amount every year, and now people are pushing for same sex marriage to add to the shitstorm already in progress.

If you want to be married, be married. Don't drag your money into it. Don't drag the law into it. If it's put on paper, then you're trapped. Say if your spouse cheats on you and you need out; if you're not bound by legal terms, you can just walk the fuck out, take what's yours and get outta there. If you're legally bound, the cheating spouse will take 50% of what's yours if you're the one making the money. See, the reason Marriage is corrupt in law is because it's about money. It's a pseudo security blanket protecting people from actually taking responsibility for themselves.

If you really do need to share your wealth with another person through joint bank accounts, then do that. If you want to manage your finances together, do that. If your spouse happens to steal your shit, call the police and let them get it back. The point is, if you have the law managing the dispersion of your finances for you, than you're fucked. The amount of bias in the law is staggering these days, and throwing something as complex as the emotions of love into the mix is just butt-fuckingtarded. The law should be an objective standpoint off of which to base judgement. "Did this or that happen?" "Is there sufficient proof to provide without a reasonable doubt that this or that happened?" Marriage in most cases is none of these situations. People become entrapped, lazy and cynical.

Marriage should be completely separate from the law. If you want to have a ceremony, buy her / him a ring and spend the rest of your lives together, go fucking do it. But leave the law out of it. If you're not confident enough in your love to do it without a legal shield, you shouldn't be getting married in the first place.

What do you guys think?
honestly dude, this makes sense in only 1 scenario. where people do it for the reasons that you mentioned. most people dont know what theyre getting into, and when they do take things its only because they hate the other person.well usually. law and marriage are good together. where the problem is is when people give up. dont blame the law for the fuck ups blame people. they can actually choose when they get divorced whether or not to take the other persons shit. marriage is part of the legal system because it makes life easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim / Fallout: New Vegas / Warcraft III: TFT / Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Darkrai / Sableye / Mightyena / Greninja / Mewtwo / Gardevoir
Favorite Activities : Screaming, Singing, Rapping, Writing, Playing Games, Listening to Music.

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 am

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
Something that I've felt should be brought up, why is marriage part of the legal system? I understand that you'd be sharing your assets with another person, legally binding yourself to them. But why? There is no logical reason for anyone to do this without malicious intent.  Your love doesn't magically "grow stronger" if you participate in some ceremony. There are really only two main reasons for marriage: Financial security and legal protection. Meaning, "oh, I don't know if this person I'm marrying is gonna fuck me over in the future, I'll just make it so I can take 50% of his / her's assets if it doesn't work out." The divorce rate in the US is something along the lines of 55 to 60% (estimation) and marriages grow shorter in length and greater in amount every year, and now people are pushing for same sex marriage to add to the shitstorm already in progress.

What do you guys think?
honestly dude, this makes sense in only 1 scenario. where people do it for the reasons that you mentioned. most people dont know what theyre getting into, and when they do take things its only because they hate the other person.well usually. law and marriage are good together. where the problem is is when people give up. dont blame the law for the fuck ups blame people. they can actually choose when they get divorced whether or not to take the other persons shit. marriage is part of the legal system because it makes life easier.
But that's the thing, the law chooses which side is right or wrong in said situations. If people give up on the marriage, that's their own fault. But the law is taking their responsibility away from them. The law is saying "you guys couldn't make it work, so let us step in and clean up your mess."

New to Eclipse? Introduce yourself here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f2-introductions-and-rules
Want to find 6th Generation Pokemon Strategies? Take a look here! - http://pokemondarklegion.freeclanforum.com/f7-6th-gen-tiers

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on my profile or if you have enough posts, simply send me a private message!
Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 am

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
But that's the thing, the law chooses which side is right or wrong in said situations. If people give up on the marriage, that's their own fault. But the law is taking their responsibility away from them. The law is saying "you guys couldn't make it work, so let us step in and clean up your mess."
no they said they couldnt when they brought the law into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 am

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
But why bring it in then from the beginning then? Are they saying they're not confident their marriage will last?

Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 am

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
But why bring it in then from the beginning then? Are they saying they're not confident their marriage will last?
that remains to be seen, but the law doesnt step in automatically. people go to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 am

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
that remains to be seen, but the law doesnt step in automatically. people go to it
Not me. Whenever I get married, I'm going to try and distance my marriage from the legal system in whatever way possible. Long term relationships already have enough attacking them, why add the law on top of that?

Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:49 am

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
Not me. Whenever I get married, I'm going to try and distance my marriage from the legal system in whatever way possible. Long term relationships already have enough attacking them, why add the law on top of that?
then thats your prerogative, but you cant expect the world to do things your way. just because marriage and law arent an option to you, doesnt mean that everyone thinks that. most people enjoy them being together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 am

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
then thats your prerogative, but you cant expect the world to do things your way. just because marriage and law arent an option to you, doesnt mean that everyone thinks that. most people enjoy them being together.
It's not that it's wrong for people to enjoy that, I just think that the title of marriage should be available to others without the law getting involved. There's far too much risk, and it kills love more often than strengthening it.

Back to top Go down
Linkthebeast
Administrator

Male Posts : 842
Gemini Dog
Birthday : 1994-06-17
Favorite Game : Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Treecko
Personality : INCONCIEVABLE!
Favorite Activities : Minecraft

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 am

Tax benefits doe.

Skeptical Link is very skeptical

Badges:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hadrion
Eclipse Dedicated Gamer

Male Posts : 563
Capricorn Tiger
Birthday : 1986-12-26
Favorite Anime : Code Geass, Digimon Tamers, Mai Hime
Favorite Game : Chrono Trigger, Majora's Mask, Tales of Symphonia
Favorite Pokemon : Mismagius, Trevenant, Swirlix, Ninetales, Trubbish
Personality : Crazy
Favorite Activities : Reading, writing, gaming, drawing

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 am

Marriage is an ancient trap social mechanism to control people's lives, so it'll be part of the laws as long as the ones making the laws want to control people's lives... so, forever.

Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 am

Linkthebeast wrote:
Tax benefits doe.
Why are people getting tax benefits for putting a ring on someone elses finger? Seems to me like taxes are a little extreme if we get benefits just from being married.

Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
It's not that it's wrong for people to enjoy that, I just think that the title of marriage should be available to others without the law getting involved. There's far too much risk, and it kills love more often than strengthening it.
if it kills the love, then the love wasnt strong enough for marriage in the first place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:19 pm

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
if it kills the love, then the love wasnt strong enough for marriage in the first place
You do bring up a very good point. Although don't you agree because of the way Marriage financially locks in people, they get apathetic, moody and expectant?

Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:05 pm

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:

What do you guys think?
You do bring up a very good point. Although don't you agree because of the way Marriage financially locks in people, they get apathetic, moody and expectant?
no. the other person in the relationship allows that to happen. thats why it happens. those are not good qualities in anyone, and you should only marry someone who brings out the best in you. if someone brings those things out in you, you shouldnt have gotten married in the first place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:08 pm

fuckthepoleece wrote:
no. the other person in the relationship allows that to happen. thats why it happens. those are not good qualities in anyone, and you should only marry someone who brings out the best in you. if someone brings those things out in you, you shouldnt have gotten married in the first place
That is true. However this is a world where people get married for all sorts of different reasons, and some of the ideal reasons such as the one you just said here. We can't shaft the victims of faulty marriage because of its success stories.

Back to top Go down
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:10 pm

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
That is true. However this is a world where people get married for all sorts of different reasons, and some of the ideal reasons such as the one you just said here. We can't shaft the victims of faulty marriage because of its success stories.
but what youre saying is to shaft the success stories because of the faulty marriages. it works both ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackEnvyX
Head Admin / Founder

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:24 pm

fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
but what youre saying is to shaft the success stories because of the faulty marriages. it works both ways.
But my way isn't shafting success stories. They can still get married, it just won't have anything to do with the legal system.

Back to top Go down
Linkthebeast
Administrator

Male Posts : 842
Gemini Dog
Birthday : 1994-06-17
Favorite Game : Minecraft
Favorite Pokemon : Treecko
Personality : INCONCIEVABLE!
Favorite Activities : Minecraft

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 pm

I can actually tell you why they get tax benefits. You're combining two people's income into one. They lop off some of the taxes so that you aren't double paying.

Skeptical Link is very skeptical

Badges:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuckthepoleece
Eclipse Active Gamer

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:10 pm

BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
BlackEnvyX wrote:
fuckthepoleece wrote:
But my way isn't shafting success stories. They can still get married, it just won't have anything to do with the legal system.
it is though, if it doesnt involve the legal system, it makes it harder for everything that does involve the legal system to get done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zaeth
Administrator

Female Posts : 647
Leo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-21
Favorite Anime : Kigeki
Favorite Game : Dear Esther / LoZ: Majora's Mask
Favorite Pokemon : Gengar
Personality : Find out for yourself.
Favorite Activities : Art Stuffs.

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:59 pm

I have not read most of what you guys said, sorry but the really long quotes distract me and thats why I dont like them. So I apologize if you guys have already touched on this, but I'd like to through out that marriage of connivence (or a "sham marriage") is a thing. (Basically getting married for personal gain, strategic purpose, or other reasons not involving the "relationship".) Although its punishable by law in the US, its a reason why I think it might be an okay thing to have marriage as part of the law. As I see it being a way of "cheating the system". Because you know some people simply marry for right of abode or reasons of citizenship.
Just throwing that out there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law   

Back to top Go down

Marriage Shouldn't Be Part of the Law
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1